As the nation’s leading bottled water company, BlueTriton Brands is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we’re also committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions – all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
When it comes to leading the industry with the highest standards in quality, BlueTriton Corporate is a vital element of our success. Whether you’re based in finance or Human Resources, Legal, Communications or IT, you’ll be a force for good – someone who is trusted, empowered and supported to make a genuine, lasting impression on our organization.
We are currently seeking a Director, Accounting to be located in Stamford, CT and report to the Chief Accounting Officer as part of the Accounting team.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Obtain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
• Manage the day-to-day accounting functions to ensure accurate and timely recording of all financial transactions.
• Ensure an accurate and timely month, quarter, and year end close.
• Oversees the consolidation of all financial data necessary for accurate business unit and consolidated results.
• Subject matter expert for accounting of property, plant and equipment and inventories
• In partnership with other functions in the organization, ensure the appropriateness of revenue recognition including trade promotions under US GAAP
• Collaborate with shared services function and review the reconciliations for accounts payable, accounts receivable, GR/IR, deductions, billings etc.
• Drives process improvement mindset across the accounting team, leveraging project management and change management skills to deliver results.
• Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
• Aid the overall relationship with internal and external auditors, ensuring information is provided accurately and timely and resolves conflicts and questions as they arise.
• Support financial reporting manager with 10Qs and 10Ks, as necessary.
• Monitor performance of direct reports. Provide prompt and objective coaching and counseling.
Key qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA highly preferred)
• 10+ years of experience including Big 4 (CPG industry experience highly preferred)
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills for the management of accounting team
• Functional experience with SAP 4 / HANA a plus
• Ability to work effectively with multi-level colleagues including Executive leadership
• Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication
• Broad knowledge of and experience within Finance/Accounting and Auditing, including international GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles) and Sarbanes-Oxley
• Experience building and coordinating cross-functional teams
• Experience with accounting and finance process transformation and system implementations
• Experience with Blackline implementation preferred
BlueTriton Brands is the nation’s leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills, Ice Mountain, Origins, Saratoga, Splash, Ac+ion and Pure Life. We’re passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship – most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package – something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It’s not just the work that you’ll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you’ll receive exactly the kind of benefits you’d expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at BlueTriton Brands?
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.