As the nation’s leading bottled water company, BlueTriton Brands is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we’re also committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions – all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
Choose a career in Supply Chain and Technical & Production and you’ll be part of our logistics backbone – and a crucial element of our success. Our factories are where our products start their journey to the customer. This area of BlueTriton Brands offers you the chance to experience collaboration in its purest form as you work alongside a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people in our Supply Chain factories spread across the nation.
The Quality Assurance (“QA”) Manager will have primary accountability for developing and managing the plant QC environment for the production of bottled water. QA Manager will lead the plant in the implementation of the BTB Quality System and will develop and continuously improve plant procedures for monitoring and ensuring conformance to specifications to ensure the food safety of our product.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Compliance and record keeping for all mandated quality checks, testing, sampling and sanitation activities.
• Preparation and resolution for all Company Quality Audits.
• Tracking, analyzing, and leading initiatives for all quality and customer complaint issues within the plant.
• Primary plant liaison with the Customer Service Center, Consumer Affairs and with consumers for quality and complaint issues.
• Lead resource within plant for Company Quality initiatives including (but not limited to) the implementation of the BTB Quality System.
• Preparation and maintenance of Permitting and Licensing for the plant.
• Manage budgeting, purchasing and inventory of plant operating supplies such as filters, chemicals and lab supplies.
• May have opportunities to serve as plant representative for regional quality forums and initiatives.
• Coordinate activities and develop good relationship with key vendors.
• Assist in managing the performance and development of the Plant QA Department with respect to skills, objectives, etc.
• Develop initiatives to improve plant performance against BTB quality measures and ensure plant compliance with company and regulatory standards.
• Provide day-to-day leadership to QA Department and act as the primary liaison to Corporate QA, Corporate and outside laboratories, and to external regulatory agencies (FDA, IBWA, EPA, etc.).
• Oversee the HACCP, Food Safety, and Crisis Management Committees
• Bachelor’s degree. Masters preferred. Other technical degree may be considered.
• Prior QA management experience (3-5 years) with beverage or other food products.
• Microbiology Laboratory management
• Manufacturing line inspection
• Knowledge of Statistical Process Control, HACCP, sanitation, and hygienic design
• Hot CIP (clean in place) background a plus.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Person must have sound administrative and computer skills.
• Person must be self-directed, aggressive, and possess the maturity commensurate with being an effective manager.
• Effective Communication
• Conflict Management
• Continuous Improvement
• Understanding of the factory processes
BlueTriton Brands is the nation’s leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills, Ice Mountain and Pure Life. We’re passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship – most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package – something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It’s not just the work that you’ll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you’ll receive exactly the kind of benefits you’d expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at BlueTriton Brands?
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.
BlueTriton Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Disabled/Veteran.